Monday 6 May 2019

After effects




Idea

Forming an idea for this project was a very hard and long process as I wasn't sure what I wanted to do for a very long time as I was focusing all of my attention on my other projects. I was very behind on schedule and needed to find inspiration quickly. One thing that started my influence was my own work from my experimental film, where I had close up footage of an eye and animated over it using premier pro, though this animation was very basic I really enjoyed doing it.




I started to think about the relation to the human eye, and the eye of technology; cameras. I thought this would be a fairly interesting thing to illustrate in my multi-screen piece.
Though experimenting with After effects in the taught workshops I still had very little knowledge of the software, yet was very interested to learn and experiment further as editing is my biggest interest.

I continued researching new techniques by watching tutorials online to gain the ability to create what I envisioned, yet I found many tutorials hard to follow and very complex as I am fairly new to After Effects.
I wanted to display an eye blinking and moving around next to a camera lens and a cctv camera as I felt that they shared a relevant connection to the real world and the digital world, as the camera shares the same concept as the human eye.


Techniques used

fractual noise to create detail to the eye, also overlaying shape layers to add a sense of glare in the eye
overlay imagery  and changing the opacity to create layers of lightness 
3D 
Created a shape, null 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mch9eyUYXUk&t=249s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbnz4NP5i5g&t=455s




No comments:

Post a Comment

Studio Shoot - Sound Research 12/02/2021

 Previous to lockdown 3.0, Isaac and I went into the Foley sound recording room to conduct some experiments using the props to see what soun...